CURRENT TEACHING & ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES (2011-12):
- Social Psychology (UG 2nd Year)
- Human Aggression (UG Final Year Option)
- Qualitative Research Methods (various - UG and PG for Health Psychology and MRes)
- Project supervision (UG & PG)
PREVIOUS TEACHING & ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
University of Surrey (Associate Tutor):
- 'Developmental Psychology' Level 2 (contributor)
- 'Intergroup Conflict' Level 3 (Module Convener)
- 'Interpersonal and Intergroup Conflict' Level 3 (Module Convener)
- 'Critical Approaches to Psychology' Level 3 (with Jane Ogden)
- Final year undergraduate supervision in the area of sex, gender and friendship using qualitative methods.
- 'Qualitative Research Methods' MSc module (contributor)
- 'Research Methods' Clinical Supervision & Consultation MSc
- Supervision of 'Clincical Supervision' research projects.
University of Winchester (Associate Lecturer):
- 'Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology' Level 2 (with David Giles)
- 'Introduction to Research Methods' Level 1 (contributor)
- University of Winchester: Associate Lecturer - 'Qualitative Research' for Psychology BSc level 2 (2010)
- University of Surrey: Associate Tutor – Convener for Psychology BSc level 3 modules ‘Critical Approaches to Psychology’ and ‘Intergroup Conflict’ (2010).
- Academic Coordinator – Development of undergraduate tutorial programme and teaching resources for other tutors (2006-2007).
- Academic Tutor – Tutorials: study skills and critical thinking (2003-2004, 2005-2007).
- Demonstrator Research Methods (Level 1): ‘Statistical Computing’ for Applied Psychology & Sociology (2002-2004).
- Research Methods (Level 2) – ‘Social Psychology’ (2004-2008).
- Research Methods (MSc) – ‘Qualitative Research Methods’ (2005-2009).
- Guest Lectures Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans Psychology (Level 3) ‘Social Constructionism in LGBT Research’ (2008).
- Research Methods (MSc) ‘Approaches to Transcription’ and ‘Representing the Other’ (2006).
- British Psychological Society: Event Administrator – Coordinated one day event ‘Building Partnerships between Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Psychologists and the Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Voluntary Sector’ (2004).
- 2002 – 2010 PhD ‘Discourses of Friendship between Gay Men and Heterosexual Women’ in Psychology at the University of Surrey. Supervisors: Adrian Coyle – Director of the MSc Programme in Social Psychology and co-editor of Analysing Qualitative Data in Psychology (Sage, 2008). Peter Hegarty – Senior Lecturer and Deputy Head of Department.
- 1999 – 2002 BSc (Hons) 2.1 in Human Psychology at Aston University (Birmingham).
- 1998 – 1999 3 CSE A Levels: English Literature [A], Media Studies [A], Psychology [B] at Guildford College.
- 2002 Teaching Skills (Department of Psychology, University of Surrey)
- 2008 LGBT Psychology Summer Institute (University of Michigan).
- The British Psychological Society – Psychology of Sexualities Section, Qualitative Methods in Psychology, Social Psychology Section.
- University and College Union